Monday, November 9, 2009

The Fire Brigade: Fahrenheit 451 Group Project

After reading the book Fahrenheit 451, and viewing the film version, I was able to see the many different aspects of this brilliant story and went into the group project with the frame of mind that each person in the group would be assigned a particular part of the film and they would do the research on their own. After the first meeting, I was able to see that was not going to be the case. Unlike other groups I have worked with in the past, this was the epitome of a group effort.
Everybody involved introduced an instrumental theme or idea that is now part of the group presentation. Now, I can not tell which idea came from which member and what I introduced because everybody collectively elaborated on every suggestion and aspect of the film. By the end, one idea was completely different from its starting point and everybody had left their mark on it. Essentially, this was the process while organizing the presentation.
Finally, I volunteered to take the first part of the presentation and using the ideas and suggestion from my group members, I elaborated a little more and did a little more research to expand the notions about the director’s techniques in the film. Also for the presentation, I will introduce how the director rearranged critical elements of the film, and discuss a bit on why, and talk about the concept behind the title of book. I was also a part of the re-creating the parlor scenes from the movie for our presentation, which was the most fun part of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment